OK, so in answer to Erika's tag, here are the top ten things I like/love about myself... which I found a little harder to do without sounding like I blow my own horn! But actually, this was very uplifting to write about and reminded me of all the things I should be more grateful for every day that I probably take for granted!
1) I love that I have found my soul mate in my husband, I traveled 4,000 miles across the world to find him... After nearly 8 years of marriage, we are still as happy as the first day we met, if not happier and are totally each others support in life.
2) I always dreamed as a kid of having one cute boy and one adorable girl, a near perfect husband and a white picket fence... OK so the picket fence is kind of a reddish brown stain, but everything else is right... who says dreams can't come true?
3) I love that I don't see people through color, age, ethnicity or religion... I see people for who they are as a person and am extremely blessed to have friends from Japan, China, Israel, England, Spain, America, Philippines, Germany and Puerto Rico. I cherish my true friends, they mean a lot to me.
4) I love that I have traveled a lot... I had itchy feet growing up, I could never settle anywhere, had to keep traveling. Well all that traveling paid off because not only did I meet my husband, but I became more at peace with settling down and starting a family. Now I have some great memories of the 'places I've been' and the 'people I've met' to tell my kids when I get old and start repeating myself!
5) I love that I am a proud Brit and always will be, but that I have the opportunity to enjoy the more laid back American way of life...
6) I love that I have horseback riding in my life still after all these years... and that I am actually qualified to teach such a great sport/hobby.
7) I like that I like to help people either through actions or words, (and even if they don't want it sometimes - lol) and that I stand up for my beliefs (even if it means I'm backing the underdog).
8) I like that I am organized (if you don't venture into my office) and have a place for everything...
9) I love that I grew up in small very close family and that I now have a wonderful much larger, (but still close) extended family.
10) I love that I am STILL dreaming and continuously believing....
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
You Are Clogs
You are a solid and down to earth person.
You seek â€“ and almost always achieve â€“ a really sound balance in your life.
You are stylish yet comfortable. Mellow but driven. Excited yet calm.
You are the perfect mesh of contradictions.
No matter what happens, you have the ability to stay well grounded in your life.
People know that they can truly depend on you.
You should live: In Europe
You should work: At a company dedicated to helping the world