We love Virginia!
"Welcome to my blog... where I can release all the little nuances of everyday life that occur... some funny and some not so funny, from a legal "aliens" perspective...."

Sunday, June 15, 2008

A few choice words...

So as some of you are aware, I have been known to have a pretty bad memory sometimes... but there are a few things my kids say that I will never forget...

I was in the bath the other day, and Abby happened to walk in and saw me shaving (under my arms, not anywhere else!) and she looks toward the plughole and says "mommy, where does all your fur go?".... I nearly died laughing... and quietly explained in simple terms that people dont have fur, they have hair (I swear my armpits weren't THAT hairy)...

Then in the car yesterday, Sam and Abby are watching Shrek 2 on their DVD player and Sam says "mommy, what does sexy mean?"... it's just one of those words you don't want to have to explain to a six year old...so I asked him where he had heard that word, and he said there is a song at the end of Shrek 2 called "I'm too sexy for my hat"..."hmmm, it means beautiful, but it is an adult word Sam, so please use the word beautiful when singing that song"... why oh why does Shrek have to spoil a perfectly good movie with "adult" words... So Sam sung "I'm too beautiful for my hat" (which doesn't quite have the same ring to it), all the way home, he added a few sexy's in their too, just because I told him he shouldn't use that word...and he was being rebellious... so if he ever slips that word out in front of your kids, I can only apologize now, but at least you know where it came from...lol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brighton told a lady at church one Sunday, that Ryder's hair looked "sexy" I guess I must have said in a mommy voice so it did not seem like a big deal to her, but hearing a 6 year old say it. . .sounded kinda odd, I'm sure to this old lady.