We love Virginia!
"Welcome to my blog... where I can release all the little nuances of everyday life that occur... some funny and some not so funny, from a legal "aliens" perspective...."

Friday, February 22, 2008

Age is just a number.... right?

So it has been brought to my attention more than once recently that I might be getting old... and after just having had probably the most forgettable birthday ever, I am not sure that age is just a number anymore... You know you are getting old when:

... your youngest asks you on your birthday if you are now older than Grandma.

... a friend asks how old you are going to be and you have to refer back to your year of birth to calculate...(yes it happened to me)...

... you rethink about buying a car you like because it has a "young" looking spoiler on the back... gotta stick to that stay at home mom family mobile...

... one of your best friends buys you Garnier anti wrinkle firming moisture cream with "ultra lift" for you birthday and you love it!

... your love handles start to creep out of your jeans and you have to wear a belt to flatten them back down again...

... asked what I want for my birthday from my husband, I pick kitchen knives instead of jewelry!

... you start receiving a lot more birthday cards that poke fun at your age!

... you don't wear half of your wardrobe because it would look better on a teenager...

... your teenage niece wants to steal your favorite Aeropostale hoodie!

and finally... when you won't step out of the house without your usual minimal amount of makeup... yes, au natural is finally out of the window.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My love handles were sticking out of my pants one day and Aspen says "Mommy I can see your butt!" I guess they look rather full and round! I mean how are you suppose to exercise that area anyway!!

Rach said...

lol - I don't think there is a way to exercise them... they are where your body stores its fat, if only my fat storage was a little higher and evenly distributed left and right, I'd be fine.

Mother 25 - 8 said...

Rach, at least you can fit a belt on to hide the love handles. The only way I can hide my love handles is to wear Matt's coat.

Mother 25 - 8 said...

Hello did you see your map?

Rach said...

I did see my map, but I think I am cheating a little as I already have a large group of internatonal friends from college!