We love Virginia!
"Welcome to my blog... where I can release all the little nuances of everyday life that occur... some funny and some not so funny, from a legal "aliens" perspective...."

Monday, March 3, 2008

Car Buying

So we are in the process of buying a new car and it is turning out to be a bit of a headache... We have seen one in H'burg that we like, especially the price but it has been in 2 mild rear end accidents which is putting us off a little. We went to try a similar one out today at McDonaugh Toyota in Staunton and that has the worst thumping noise we have ever heard and when we sat idling in it, we could smell burning!!@!! Got out of that one as fast as we could... but it did look nice... might go back... lol....

I had my car detailed today, so it would be all nice and clean for a prospective buyer, and it came out looking fab... no more 5 year old McDonalds fries lingering under my car seats, the perpetual odor of sour milk has virtually disappeared and my "oil explosion" under the hood is nearly untraceable. So why am I getting rid of it? After looking at all these ringer cars, I am beginning to ask myself that same question...

3 comments:

crashomatic said...

Let me know if you need a ASE certified mechanic to look over any prospective purchases.......

Nice blog by the way and enjoyed the company for your birthday dinner.....I fogot to make a big spectacle of it because I was too busy mulling over the poor service.........

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get my car detailed. . .jarrett traded services with a detailer!! When I picked Abby up the other day she says "Mom's car is cleaner than yours!"(she was talking to Aspen but I heard) I told her that she and Aspen could clean my car for me, they did not seem interested, maybe if I had offered money, or toys!

Rach said...

"moms car is cleaner", "my room is cleaner", do you think Abby is turning into a little clean freak? haha.
Jarrett, I might take you up on that offer, watch out... Now I am trying to hurry up and sell my car before my kids trash it again...