We love Virginia!
"Welcome to my blog... where I can release all the little nuances of everyday life that occur... some funny and some not so funny, from a legal "aliens" perspective...."

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sweet Surprises...

So we ate McDonalds tonight as we were all starving and running late and after dinner Sam asked for a go-gurt, his usual dessert. When he reached into the fridge, there was only one go-gurt and I knew there was only one ice-cream pushup in the freezer (their favorite that they are only allowed once or twice a week), so I threw a curveball at them saying "well you have to decide between you who has which", and thought I would just sit back and watch the fireworks fly in the fight for the push up, like my sister and I used to do when we were given such options. When I was a kid, I would have scratched my sisters eyes out to get the ice-cream over the go-gurt, but Sam put me in my place when he calmly said "you can have the push up Abby, I will take the go-gurt". Tears started welling up in my eyes. Sweet little moments of generosity like that from my kids are just so precious. I was a very proud mom tonight.

4 comments:

GrowingRopers said...

Hey! i just found your blog today! :) and before i forget you should come play basketball with us again. Thursdays at 6pm. COME! :)
i have only read this first post...my eyes welled too! :) dont you LOVE when stuff like this happens!?!?! Makes you think...ok, i'm not destroying my kids! :)

glad i found you...
ps....yard sale season is almost here! :)

Rach said...

Hey Emily, I love the bath pics of the kids, I AM coming back to basketball, (don't worry we can still laugh at our BB efforts together, I won't leave you hanging), I just had something come up this week that I had to deal with on Thursday night... but I love BB! I can't wait for those yard sales too, do you go to them or just host them?

Anonymous said...

yeah, my kids seem to be a lot more loving to each other than I remember being with my brother(or him being to me), but maybe we tend to remember the fighting more--I know Brighton adores Ryder so much he pretty much gets away with anything with her:) Brighton is also really, sweet and mean to Aspen, Same for Aspen with being a middle child she is the most tolerant, and most annoying sibling to both Ryder and Brighton.

crashomatic said...

I love McDonalds.